Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Donated Hand Crafted Puzzle for Movable Feast Raffle


A Custom, Hand-Crafted, 14" x 14" 127 Piece Puzzle has been lovingly created by a Cancer Survivor to support Movable Feast. Raffle tickets are being sold for $5 each by Team With A Purpose. Please contact William or Laveta to purchase tickets.

The artist has also agreed to donate a portion of all sales from now until the Ride for the Feast. Please visit her website to see the other offerings http://www.cogitators4you.com/

A Letter from the Artist to the Riders:

Dear Riders for the Feast, March 23, 2009

I want you to know that I appreciate what you do and the sacrifices you make to do it. I am a cancer survivor – 7 years now – and though I was fortunate enough to have loving family and friends to help me when I needed it the most, not everyone is that lucky. Thank you for helping the Moveable Feast to make a difference.

I am pleased to make a small contribution by donating one of my puzzles to be auctioned off. I hope it brings in a million dollars! I thought long and hard about what to create that might convey a deeper meaning while also injecting a note of humor. This is what I came up with. There are 127 pieces of fun within the frame. I have titled it “The Offering”. These puzzles generally sell for $200, but I hope you are able to raise much more than that. I will also donate 10% of any puzzles that are purchased from my website before the ride. Just mention “Moveable Feast” and I will donate 10% of the purchase price in the name of the buyer.

Let me tell you a little bit about what goes into each puzzle. From start to finish they take between 20 and 30 hours. They are hand painted. I use a scroll saw to cut the puzzle pieces. Each piece is independently hand sanded to ensure smooth edges. When the sanding is done, the puzzle is painted with several coats of a clear acrylic to increase durability. My husband, David, builds individual, unique frames for them. Together, we create “functional” art.

I wish all of you good weather, good health and safe journeys. Thank you again for going the extra miles (140 of them!).

Bobbie Nothwang

No comments:

Post a Comment